How to eat healthy but also festive sweets during the December month? Well, with these delicious apple rings you will certainly succeed!
Dried apple rings are hand-made for sale in food stores or larger supermarkets. But if you have loads of apples in stock at your home (and don’t know what to do with them), you can of course dry yourself apple rings. What you need:
– a couple of apples (like Jonagold)
– apple corer
– long skewers
– oven + grill
1. Pre-heat the oven to 50-60 ° C (heteluchstand)
2. Remove the core of the apples with an apple corer and cut the apples into thin slices.
3. Thread the apple slices on the skewers and put them on the grill of the oven (see photo!). Let the apple slices dry for 3 to 5 hours, with the oven ajar.
Recipe for festive apple rings, ingredients:
– Dried apple rings
– Dark chocolate (the purer the healthier!)
– Bowl with goji berries, finely chopped
– Bowl with grated coconut
– Bowl with almonds, finely chopped
1. Melt the chocolate au bain marie.
2. Dip the dried apple rings one by one into the melted chocolate, then dipp them in into the bowl with gojy berries, grated coconut or almonds. You can also keep a couple of the rings with only the melted chocolate on it.
3. Put the decorated apple rings on a plate in the fridge. When they are hard enough, you can present them in a nice bowl or on a string (for in the Christmas tree!).